Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Big Changes and Little Goals - Part 1

We're going all change-crazy over here. Lifestyle change-crazy. At least, I am.

Change number one? Faith. We're just trying to have more of a faith-based lifestyle. I want God to be on my children's mind's everyday. I want them to be thinking about Christ and His sacrifice. His free gift to us. I want gratitude in their lives. I want a clear perspective for them. And I want us to take this journey together. I don't need to know everything about the Bible to teach my children. We just need a heart for God and that hunger to learn.

Two days ago Leah and I started to read together a book called The Lamb by John R. Cross, gifted to her from a very dear friend who is now a missionary working in Africa. We read a chapter a day and then answer the questions that follow. Surprisingly she sits and listens very well, and knows most all the answers to the questions. Which, obviously, makes my mommy-heart all warm and gooey. We also have a DVD with a few Bible stories on it that she really enjoys.

As for me, I've made a goal to read the Bible in 90 days (or less). And no, I'm not starting with Genesis. That long, first book of the Bible that so many people start with but never seem to get through. I started quite randomly with Amos. Mostly because my Bible app told me too with that reading plan, so I just went with it. I'm farther ahead of my reading plan than the app is, so I am hoping to keep it that way.
Next week a friend and I will be starting Beth Moore's women's study on the book of Esther. I'm super excited about that, I've heard great things about her studies!
as for me and my house ... @ naptime diaries
I'm so eager to learn more and dig deeper into God's Word. And I get to do it with my daughter as well. I can't wait to see the changes this will bring for us and our relationship. My heart is just so happy.

Change number two? ... Diet. But that's in Part 2. So stay tuned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment